When will my order ship?
- In stock basket orders placed Monday-Friday will be delivered/shipped within 24 – 48 hours (except during peak holiday periods). Orders during the holidays may require extra time. During the ordering process you may request a future shipping date in the ordering notes.
Can I customize my gift?
- Yes! We love creating unique gifts for everyone, that fit your needs & budget. Custom Basket orders start at $50.00 for an individual basket, or group orders of 10 baskets or more. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for delivery and shipment of custom and large orders of 10 gift baskets or more. Call us to discuss your custom order basket.Complete our specialty gifting inquiry form or contact us directly to get started!
Can I pick out the products or pick up my gift at your store?
- Gift Baskets by Melissa is an online gift services company; we operate out of a design studio, not a retail storefront. We can make arrangements to deliver the gift to your home, place of business, or schedule a time for pick-up.
Do you ship chocolate?
- Chocolate products in gifts may not be available in hot months (May-September). Chocolate will be replaced with cookies, candies, and other gourmet items.
Do you ship/deliver to Hospitals & Hotels?
- If you are sending a gift basket to a hospital or hotel, please be careful to confirm the information before submitting your order. If “Gift Baskets by Melissa” makes a delivery to a hospital or hotel and the recipient is no longer employed, visiting or has been released, you will assume the delivery charge.
How will my gift(s) be packaged and wrapped?
- All of our gifts are packaged in high quality wooden or paper mache boxes or gift bags. Our gift baskets are wrapped in clear cellophane. All gifts are tied with ribbon or custom accents (holiday, floral, etc)
Can I add a personalized note?
- Yes! In checkout, under “please leave special instructions below,” you can add a personalized note to your gift.
Do you offer local hand delivery?
- We hand deliver within an hour of Asheville & Hendersonville. If hand delivery is needed outside of that radius, please contact us to discuss delivery options.
What are your business hours?
- Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST. All orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be processed the following business day.
- Holiday Hours: We are closed on all major Holidays. All orders placed on the days that we are closed will be shipped on the next business day.
Can I substitute a product?
- Yes, as long as the product is in stock and is of equal value.
- Sustitution Policy: Based on season and availability we reserve the right to make gift basket and/or gift basket component substitutions whenever necessary using items of comparable or greater value. When making substitutions, we take great care to ensure that we exceed your expectations and that you and your gift recipient will be pleased with the quality and presentation of your gift.
What if my gift is damaged?
- Items damaged in shipping will be fully refunded or replaced with an identical item if we are contacted within 3 days of receipt of damaged merchandise. Please keep all damaged shipping containers, as the carrier will require such to process a damage claim. Please provide us with your order number or if you are the recipient of a gift that needs to be returned, please provide us with the name of the purchaser of your gift along with any item numbers or identification of the product you received. We realize you have a choice when you shop and we want your shopping experience to be a rewarding one. We promise to do whatever we can to accomplish that goal.
- We love adding personal touches to all the gifts we create, and go to great lengths to find meaningful items from our shop to include.We do personal shopping for items that we do not carry and that you request. A charge for the cost of the personal item plus an additional 20% will be added to your bill. If the item is easily accessible from the corner store (magazines, sodas, and such), there will be no added charge. You also have an option to ship or drop off any personal items you would like included in your gift.
What Shipping Courier Do You Use?
- Our main provider is UPS – we occasionally ship via UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Shipping charges will be applied automatically based on size and weight of the package, destination, and priority shipment selection.
Do you charge sales tax?
- North Carolina Sales Tax of 7% is applied to all deliveries within North Carolina. Sales Tax is calculated on product, delivery and shipping fees. All orders being shipped or delivered to a North Carolina address will also be charged a 7% tax (state law).
Can you include alcohol in a gift?
- We can not put alcoholic beverages in our gift baskets unless it is provided by the customer and delivered locally. We can not ship alcohol in a gift basket under any circumstances by North Carolina Law. Non-Alcoholic and sparkling beverages can be used as a replacement in a shipped gift basket.
What if I need to order a large quantity of gifts for a specific date?
- Please contact us directly for any orders over 20 gifts for a custom quote, and for time sensitive orders. Due to the hand-crafted nature of our products, some items may not be available without ample lead time.
Do you offer gifting services for business professionals and industry professionals?
- Make sure you include us before you thank your clients or plan an event! We offer a wide variety of gifting services for all businesses and industries.
Can you include my logo or branding in your design?
- Absolutely, your logo can be included on hang tags, and imprinted ribbons. Our custom packaging can also include your logo colors for that extra special touch.
My order is a gift. Can you make sure not to include any packing slip or receipt in my delivery?
- Of course. Due to the nature of the gift, none of our hand delivered or shipped gifts include receipts or packing lists unless previously requested.
Can you create event maps, and weekend itineraries for our welcome or event gifts?
- Yes we can! We work with several local vendors to create maps and graphics specific to your event as well as itineraries or directions for your guests.